I’ve been working on compiling my favorite love songs to create the ultimate wedding playlist for our big day on June 10, 2017 for MONTHS! I’m obsessed with making playlists in general and have been since high school, so the obsession has increased x10 while curating the perfect set of music for one of the biggest days of my life: my wedding day.
Here’s the wedding playlist I’ve made so far that I’ll continue to add to for the next few months. This music is all a bit on the slower side because it’s designated for the ceremony, so needless to say I’d be completely lying if I said I didn’t cry every single time I listen to this. If there are any songs you think I’m missing and need to include, leave me a comment and let me know. Have a listen and enjoy. 🙂
- “Always Remember Me” by Ryan Cuming — I die over the “we’ll build a house of driftwood and keep it simple ’cause simple is good” lyric. The “two by two” lyric seems fitting for this as well.
- “Tell Her You Love Her” by Echosmith — I also think this would be a great one to begin playing when we kiss and as we walk back down the isle.
- “Higher Love” by James Vincent McMorrow — This is just too pretty!
I’m also debating on whether to use just an instrumental version or the original version with lyrics, but I think I’m partial to the lyrics because I really think they set the mood and can make an impact. Justin and I still need to select a first dance song as well. Are we the only people that don’t have our own song in mind? There are several songs that we both like, but I really want to choose something that is unique and special to us. Here are some first dance song options I’m considering and would suggest:
- “Higher Love” by James Vincent McMorrow
- Again, I think “Always Remember Me” would be a great pick — I clearly love this song.
- “Come Away With Me” by Norah Jones — I’ve loved this one since I was little and have wanted to name a daughter Norah ever since.
- L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole — a total classic!
If you’re married, what special songs did you choose to play at your wedding? I’d love to know! This will be my last post until after the holidays, so I hope you all have a very merry Christmas! Expect a Christmas recap and New Year’s reflection/resolutions here on my blog next week.