It’s spring break season! Mine starts at the end of next week and I couldn’t be more excited to jet off to some warm weather (I’m going to Florida so look out for blog posts on that)! If you are anything like me, overpacking for trips is a serious issue. It’s so important to know how best to pack your stuff when trying to save space. Packing lists really help me to narrow down the necessities and only bring the items I’m actually going to wear and use.
I’ve compiled some packing tips for you as well as a packing list to follow when preparing for your spring break trip! Give or take a few items, this will also apply for any other trips you may be going on to different climates throughout the year. Keep in mind that you may need to bring less clothes and shoes if you plan on shopping for outfits (etc.) while you’re on your trip, leaving extra space in your suitcase to fit everything in for your trip back home!
1. Roll your clothes rather than folding them. I find that this saves so much space and it makes it easier to find the items you’re looking for during your trip!
2. Put dryer sheets in your bag. This keeps your clothes smelling fresh for the whole week.
3. Use packing cubes. Separate containers used to store different types of items (tops, bottoms, underwear/bras, etc.) helps keep you organized and controls the amount of stuff you attempt to cram into your bag.
4. Use a carry-on bag. You’ll save money by not having to check a bag.
5. Separate dirty clothes from clean clothes. Bring a plastic bag to stuff dirty clothes in throughout your trip, or turn dirty clothes inside-out after you wear them so you know what’s clean and what isn’t.
- Bras (regular, bralettes, sports bras, adhesive, pasties, etc.)
- Sandals — 1-2 pairs
- Tennis shoes (athletic and/or casual) — 1 pair, or 1 of each
- Heels (if needed) — 1 pair
- Jeans — 1 pair
- t-shirts, tanks, crop tops, etc.
- Athletic clothes (if you plan to be active or workout)
- Jacket/Sweatshirt/Cardigan/Sweater (for cold nights)
- Purse + Wallet
- Makeup + Brushes/Sponges
- toothbrush, toothpaste
- shampoo, conditioner, soap (if the place you’re staying at doesn’t provide them)
- hair brush, hair products, hair ties, bobby pins
- hair dryer, curling iron, straightener
- skincare products (if needed)
- contacts, contact case, solution, glasses (if needed)
- tampons, pads, panty liners (if needed)
- lip balm
- perfume/body mist
- charger (external battery as well?)
- memory card
- Blanket/Pillow (if needed — especially for road trips!)